Total Recall (2012)

Matthias: Mr. Hauser, What is it you want?
Doug Quaid: I want to help you.
Matthias: That is not the only reason you are here.
Doug Quaid: I want to remember.
Matthias: Why?
Doug Quaid: So I can be myself, be who I was.
Matthias: It is each man's quest to find out who he truly is, but the answer to that lies in the present, not in the past. As it is for all of us.
Doug Quaid: But the past tells us who we've become.
Matthias: The past is a construct of the mind. It blinds us. It fools us into believing it. But the heart wants to live in the present. Look there. You'll find your answer.

[source: http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0321309/quotes]

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

To be fair...

The quote from "Total Recall" just happened to be the latest undeniably random, 'frying pan upside the head' sign from the universe that it was time to live in the peace that can come from following the heart.  My heart has said it's time to take a leave of absence from teaching.  While this might not sound like a big decision to many people, it has been very difficult for me.

As a result, I have learned a lot about about letting go (if only for a year).  I have learned that moving toward both my fears and my dreams results in growth.  I am learning to believe in the existence of possibilities for personal expansion.  I am learning that I deserve to be able to follow those possibilities without guilt as long as doing so allows me to be of better service to myself and to others.  I am learning to have faith in the universe.

I could not have written the above paragraph without what I refer to as the 'books of Dennis' (Spirit Junkie, Happy for No Reason, You Can Be Happy No Matter What) from our beloved friend.  I feel gratitude beyond words (and I have a lot of words at my disposal) for Melanie's support and encouragement.  I feel very fortunate to have an employer that is allowing me to spend the next year exploring solutions to the social problems I've been talking about for almost a decade.  And I am thankful to Jude for suggesting I keep a record of what I find along the way.  :)  B.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your flight, my friend. Forge on!
    Peace,
    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! We're so happy for you. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete