Total Recall (2012)

Matthias: Mr. Hauser, What is it you want?
Doug Quaid: I want to help you.
Matthias: That is not the only reason you are here.
Doug Quaid: I want to remember.
Matthias: Why?
Doug Quaid: So I can be myself, be who I was.
Matthias: It is each man's quest to find out who he truly is, but the answer to that lies in the present, not in the past. As it is for all of us.
Doug Quaid: But the past tells us who we've become.
Matthias: The past is a construct of the mind. It blinds us. It fools us into believing it. But the heart wants to live in the present. Look there. You'll find your answer.

[source: http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0321309/quotes]

Friday, October 2, 2015

See and feel

In the midst of more of this, all I can say is that I think it's more important than ever to change our society and our educational system so that we are really *seeing* each other.  We can do better for each other, but perhaps we have to first look at our own hurts and to have someone validating those hurts (*seeing* us).  We can deescalate sometimes, we can "see," we can really get to know rather than demand, etc.  We are an angry society, but we don't have to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment